Our site uses automatic systems to collect data that is not directly communicated by the user, such as cookies.
What are cookies?
A cookie is an application transmitted to the user’s hard disk; it does not contain any comprehensible information but associates the user with the personal information registered on the web site. Cookies are stored on our server and no one has access to the information they contain. Only Swavo processes the information collected through cookies, only in anonymous and aggregate status, in order to optimize our services and our site in relation to the specific requirements and preferences of our users.
Internet browsers have a function that makes it possible to cancel cookies after each session. The browser provides instructions on the cancellation procedure. Familiarise yourself with it.
Cookies fall into four broad types:
1. Strictly Necessary Cookies
These cookies are essential in helping you to move around our Site and use its features, such as accessing secure areas of the website. Without these cookies, services you have asked for, such as setting up an account cannot be provided. These cookies do not gather information about you that could be used for marketing or remembering where you’ve been on the internet.
2. Analytical/Performance Cookies
In order to keep the Site, its services and products relevant, easy to use and up-to-date, we use web analytics services to help us understand how people use our Site. For example, we can see which parts of the Site and products are most popular, identify when errors occur, and test different versions of a page or feature to see which one works best.
3. Functionality Cookies
These cookies allow websites and applications to remember choices you make (such as your user name) and provide enhanced, more personal features. The information these cookies collect is usually anonymised which means we can’t identify you personally.
They do not gather any information about you that could be used for selling advertising or remembering where you’ve been on the internet, but do help with serving advertising.
4. Targeting Cookies
We also use them to measure the effectiveness of our marketing communications, for example by telling us if you have opened a marketing email that we have sent you via Mailchimp.
If you would like more information on any of these types of Cookies, including how to opt-out, please visit www.youronlinechoices.com/.
They enable you to transact whilst other non-essential cookies enable us to give you and enhanced, personalised web experience and determine relevant products to show you.
– To personalise and improve your customer experience.
– To allow you to securely sign in to your Swavo Account, so that you can use “My Account” features such as order information, checking progress of your order, changing your personal details such as billing or shipping address.
– To recognise the device that you are using.
– To store the content of your online shopping bag whilst you browse the site and to complete an order or send a reminder of contents of your shopping bag.
– To record the areas of the Site that you have visited, products you have viewed and time spent browsing, as well as the products you purchased. Swavo uses this information to help make the website more user friendly, develop our Site design and to continuously improve the quality of the service we provide.
– To distribute visitors to our Site evenly across platforms to ensure the content is served at the fastest possible speed.
– For re-marketing purposes to determine relevant related products to show you when you’re browsing on other selected websites. These cookies can be associated with services provided by a third party such as an advertising network.
Cookies are an essential part of how our Site works, as they remember certain information about a visitor.
Swavo uses its own 1st party cookies these are placed there and used solely by us. We use the Facebook Pixel, which uses both 1st Party and 3rd party cookies, as well as other Third-Party cookies (these are placed there by the third parties we work with, listed below).
Are cookies safe?
Yes. The information stored in cookies is safe and anonymous to any external third party, and your account security is never compromised. You can find more information about cookies at www.allaboutcookies.org/ and www.youronlinechoices.com/. For a video about cookies visit
Can I turn off cookies?
To change your cookie settings, or if you want to be notified each time a cookie is about to be used, you should amend the settings provided in your web browser to prevent us from storing cookies on your computer hard drive.
For information on how to disable cookies, please consult the “Help” tab of your browser via the menu bar. For further information on non-essential cookies used for
targeting and banner advertising please see below.
Details of our Third Party Cookies
Swavo allows selected Third Parties who participate with us in marketing programs to place cookies when you visit our site. These cookies enable us to monitor which adverts you see and click on to get to our site.
For details of the Third Party cookies we use please see the list below. Swavo is not responsible for the content or privacy policies of Third Parties or other websites, and we advise that you check these yourself.
The following Cookies are all used for Analytical and Targeting purposes:
Google Tag Manager
Facebook Custom Audiences
Facebook Pixel Code